Harvard alumni across the globe are successful policymakers, practitioners, researchers and advocates in domestic and international education affairs. However, we noticed that there were limited opportunities for alumni across all Harvard schools to connect and collaborate over their shared interests in education. In addition, success stories of alumni from all disciplines and degree-granting schools at Harvard who are interested in/working in the field of education receive minimal coverage within the Harvard community and beyond. Thus, Harvard Alumni for Education (HAEd) was born.
HAEd received its charter in November 2015 and became one of the Harvard Alumni Association's newest Shared Interest Groups. Since then, our founding team and executive board have been hard at work setting goals and establishing priorities for our first year.
- Dr. Vanessa E. Beary, Co-Founder, President - HGSE, Ed.D. 2014, Ed.M. 2011
- Eleanor (Nell) O’Donnell Weber, Co-Founder, Vice-President – HGSE, ED.M. 2010, current Ed.D. student
- Lakita Edwards, Co-Founder, HGSE, Ed.M., 2002
- Shima Gholamimehrabadi - Co-Founder, HGSE, Ed.M. 2014
- Michael Lai - Co-Founder, Harvard College, A.B. 2014
- Dr. Elizabeth Leisy Stosich - Co-Founder, HGSE, Ed.D. 2015
- Dr. Marc Johnson - Co-Founder, HGSE, Ed.M. 2015
- Taylor Chapman, Co-Founder, HKS, MPP, 2011
- Michael Sanders, Co-Founder, HGSE, Ed.M. 2014
- Eliza Chang, Co-Founder, Harvard College, current student